For Spatial Learning and Memory Tasks
The Barnes Maze task is similar to the Radial Arm and Morris Water mazes but without dietary restrictions and with less physical stress. The Barnes Maze is designed for testing spatial learning and memory. Within the maze, animals are motivated to escape from the brightly lit, open platform to a small dark recessed chamber (escape box). During testing, the animal learns the spatial location of the escape box. The maze also includes false escape boxes which help to remove visual cues that might be observed from a distance or through an open hole.
- False and escape box options included
- Available for rat or mouse
- Grey non-reflective base platform with 20 holes
- Elevated to a convenient working height
- Removable legs mean the maze can be stored flat when not in use