For Light/Dark Conflict Test
The Light/Dark Box is a characteristic tool used in the assessment of anxiety. The basic measure is the animal’s preference for dark, enclosed places over bright, exposed places. Time spent in the lit (light) half of the arena, and the related exploratory behaviors, are reliable parameters for assessing anxiolytic effects that may be useful in identifying and/or screening of anxiolytic and anxiogenic agents.
- Available for rat or mouse (mouse version picture above).
- Walls fit solidly in slotted base, but lift off for easy cleaning.
- Grey, non reflective base plate.
- A fully automated version of this test, for mouse, is also available.
- Rat version (pictured above) has two enclosures on a single base.
- Dark side lids lift off.
- Black perspex is infrared transparent allowing a suitable camera to see into both sides of the box (requires an infra-red illuminator).